Thursday, May 14, 2009

Bike to Work Day: Tomorrow

Tomorrow is Bike to Work Day. Wouldn't it be great if tomorrow during morning rush hour, there were more bikes out on our streets than cars?!

I've got my route planned out and hope to bike the whole way, but just in case I get tired, I've also noted where along my route I could catch a bus if needed. All of our buses (except the 'Dillo trolleys) have bike racks, and it's easy to load/unload your bike. If you've never "biked by bus" before, you can check out the easy how-to on our Web site.

I had heard there was a bike shop in town that had a standard bus bike rack in the store so people could practice (without the pressure of traffic zooming by). I thought it was Mellow Johnny's but turns out it's not. Does anyone know which shop, if any, provides that?

But. I did learn that Mellow Johnny's provides bike commuters hot showers, and while you're getting cleaned up, they'll tuneup your bike, provide you a storage locker, and give you a free cup of coffee (on Fridays). All for $1. Pretty cool.

They're also on the list of organizations providing FREE breakfast to cyclists tomorrow. Check out the full list of breakfast locations.

Hope to see you on two wheels tomorrow!